Quotes from our Listeners
- Announcing the 2014 Young Artist Awards - December 17, 2013
- KING FM Launches 31 Days of Mozart Channel - December 16, 2013
- Award-winning Radio Host Dave Beck Joins KING FM - August 30, 2013
- Preview the 2013-14 Arts Season with New Season Showcase - August 13, 2013
- Lisa Bergman Added as a Midday Host - August 8, 2013
- Classical KING FM Announces Winners of the 2013 Young Artist Awards - May 15, 2013
- Vote Now for your Favorite Young Musician! - April 30, 2013
- Free Family Earth Day Celebration with Seattle Opera - April 8, 2013
- Public Radio Music Month April 2012 March 21, 2013
- Call for Entries #2: Young Artist Awards 2013 - March 3, 2013
- Lisa Bergman Wins Gracie Award - February 27, 2013
- Call for Entries: Young Artist Awards 2013 - February 11, 2013
- Passione: New Online Channel - January 29, 2013
- Young Artists Awards - January 11, 2013
- 31 Days of Mozart - December 17, 2012
- The Gift of Christmas Music - November 21, 2012
- New Season Showcase - August 22, 2012
- KING FM Hires Digital Media Director - August 15, 2012
- KINGFM Reinstated on Shaw Cable - June 28, 2012
- Classical KING Launches Insights - 5/23/12
- Young Artist Winner Announced - 4/30/12
- Classical KING FM Joins Public Radio Music Month - 4/17/12
- Vote for Young Artist Awards 2012 - 3/15/12
- Classical KING FM Hires New Announcer - 1/24/12
- KING FM Announces Young Artist Award - 1/10/12
- KING FM to Launch 31 Days of Mozart - 12/30/2011
- KING FM Gives the Gift of Music On-Air for the Holidays - 12/7/11
- Classical KING FM Unveils New Penguin Mascot - 12/2/11
- KING FM Brings you the Seattle Symphony Opening Night Concert
- 2011 New Season Showcase
- NW Focus LIVE
- 2011 New Season Showcase: Explore an Exciting Arts Season
- KING FM to Become Listener-Supported on 5/2/11
- Young Artist Awards Grand Prize Winner Announced
CLASSICAL KING FM IN THE NEWS
(The Seattle Times, September 4, 2013)"Celebrate the Arts - Best Bets for the 2012 - 2013 Season"
KING FM Snatches Top Talent from KUOW Scramble
KING FM Snatches Top Talent from KUOW Scramble
(Crosscut, September 3, 2013)
(Northwest Prime Time September 5, 2012)
(Seattle Child August 2012)
"How's KING-FM 98.1 doing?"
(The Queen Anne & Magnolia News 6/27/2012)
"When Radio Takes the Pledge"
(The Seattle Times 4/17/12)
"Director, Pianist Delivers the Funny Side of Classical Music"
(The Wenatchee World 3/9/12)
"It's Mozart Month"
(Seattle Times 1/6/12)
"KING FM: Making the Cut as a non Profit?"
"KING FM Broadcasts SSO's Big Night"
(Seattle Times 9/12/11)
"Celebrate the Arts"
(Northwest Prime Time 8/30/11)
"Every Saturday is Opera Night on KING FM"
(Seattle Times 8/30/11)
"Classic Music KING FM is Now Listener-Supported"
(Puget Sound Business Journal 5/3/11)
"Seattle's Classical Station Tosses the Profit Motive"
"KING FM Raising Bucks, with More to Come"
(Puget Sound Business Journal 4/8/11)
"KING FM Will Become Listener-Supported Sooner Than Thought"
(Seattle PI 4/7/11)
"Maestro, Cue the Pledge Drive"
"9-Year-Old Pianist is Grand in KING FM Competition"
(Seattle Times 3/7/11)
Click here to view Press Photos.
QUOTES FROM OUR LISTENERS
Brittany Deininger of Tacoma, WA, Marketing Manager of Sound Options, had this to say about their recent behind-the-scenes visit to a Classical KING FM live broadcast in the studios: “Thank you so much for the invitation. The entire experience of seeing creativity in action was so interesting, the music of course was phenomenal, and I had some great conversations with other underwriters. As soon as my husband got in the car, he turned to me and said that is seriously one of the coolest experiences I have had all year. It was a pleasure to see the craft behind Classical KING FM. Thanks!”
“I'm a lifelong listener to classical music radio stations, from babyhood to 18 yrs. in Los Angeles --my mother always kept the music station on all day. I continued the practice through college (Santa Barbara) and in Kirkland for these 35 yrs.Thanks!” -Mary Whittington, Kirkland, WA
“We enjoy classical music and listener-supported radio. One of our favorite programs on Classical King is "The Score" with Edmund Stone. We tune in attentively each weekend to hear his array of symphonic music for film. Thank-you!” -Mari and Lucas Martinez, Edmonds, WA
“Soothing music for the busy world.” -Pattie Berghof, Everett, WA
“I have just started listening to this station yesterday when I was flipping through the channels, I never knew it existed. I am very excited that I have found it now when I drive in the Washington rain I have a peaceful and relaxing trip :) -Thank you!” -Naim Méndez, Yelm, WA
“I find the music soothing for myself - and my chickens love it.” -Julie Pellegrini, Issaquah, WA
“Music Through The Night” with host Mike Brooks helped get me through a difficult period of my life. Mike plays wonderful music! I also love Sunday evenings of 'angel music' - the early music and the masses are very calming. And of course who doesn’t love Brad Eaton!” -Tamara Bernstein, Duvall, WA
“Other than occasionally CBC reception (in Canada), Classical KING FM is the only local source for symphonic music. Although you dwell on the Mozart type era too much for me, I do get exposed to many new composers and am thankful for that. Good job!” -Arthur Pederson, Seattle, WA
“[KING FM provides] protection against the dumbing down of the world. Be part of the movement to keep classical available to everyone!” -Robert Leclaire, Everett, WA