Department: New Media
Reports to: General Manager
Since 1948 when Dorothy Bullitt founded Seattle’s iconic classical music station, Classical KING FM 98.1 has been a major player in the arts and cultural communities of the Pacific Northwest. On May 2, 2011, KING FM transitioned to a non-profit, listener-supported station. This transition enables the station to better serve its listeners and achieve our mission to “further the education and involvement of the audience in Classical Music and thereby advance the appreciation and performance of opera, symphonic music and chamber music”.
KING FM is seeking a Digital Media Manager to help us be an innovator among our peer group and ensure we keep up with our listeners’ changing media consumption patterns by delighting them with new experiences on a regular basis. This position will oversee the planning and implementation of a dynamic plan that provides content across all properties and platforms. They will advise our Program Director, Community Relations Director and Membership Director on how best to use digital media in working to achieve their department initiatives. They will work collaboratively with staff across departments in support of the stations mission and goals.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Strategize, organize, and implement long range multimedia strategic plans.
- Evaluate and implement systems to improve efficiency of new media activities
- Manage all new media production including graphics, photos, and video
- Create and maintain standards for new media platforms
- Provide listener and staff technical support regarding Web site and internet streams
- Incorporate relevant local, regional, and national content into KING FM’s Internet properties using API’s and other tools from sources such as NPR, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Responsible for keeping current on trends and innovations and maximizing Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Develop and maintain performance analysis reports.
- Track and report on trends/issues related to digital media.
- Perform other work as requested
- Five years job-related work experience.
- Proficient user of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator) or comparable design software
- Experience working with content management systems and blog tools
- Experience working within web standards, accessibility, and browser compatibility.
- Experience creating/integrating multimedia (video, audio, animation) into various new media platforms.
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to manage digital workflow and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and coordinate across departments
- Ability to prioritize long- and short-term projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; detail-oriented.
- High School Diploma/GED a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, communications or related field strongly preferred.
Send resume, references and cover letter to:
Human Resources, Classical 98.1, 10 Harrison St, Ste 100, Seattle WA 98109
Date Posted: May 16, 2012
Closing Date: June 1, 2012
Classical 98.1 is an equal opportunity employer