Since 1948 when Dorothy Bullitt founded Seattle’s iconic classical music station, Classical KING FM 98.1 has been a major player in the arts and cultural communities of the Pacific Northwest. On May 2, 2011, KING FM transitioned to a non-profit, listener-supported station. This transition enables the station to better serve its 300,000 listeners and achieve our mission to “further the education and involvement of the audience in Classical Music and thereby advance the appreciation and performance of opera, symphonic music and chamber music”.
KING FM’s operating model depends on philanthropic support from the community. To help raise this support, KING FM is seeking a Development Coordinator with a pro-active style and ability to critically analyze and that can play an integral role as a member of the station’s development team.
The Development Coordinator will be part of the department that is tasked with raising over $2 million annually from individuals and institutional funders. The Development Coordinator will perform a variety of functions that supports the Membership and Major Gifts team to achieve revenue goals and ensure a positive donor experience. This position reports to the Major Gift Director and Grants and Corporate Giving Manager.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Supports the Major Gifts Director and Grants/Corporate Giving Manager to achieve goals.
- Responds in a timely and professional manner to various requests and inquiries made by members, listeners, and co-workers.
- Accurately records gifts and donor information into donor database; maintains prospect and donor lists.
- Processes Performance Circle gift acknowledgements, pledge reminders and renewals.
- Implements fulfillment of Performance Circle Benefits.
- Coordinates solicitation and stewardship activities, including mailings and electronic communications.
- Coordinates events: manages logistics and assists in event execution.
- Assists in prospect research (individual, corporate, foundation).
- Assists in researching, preparing and stewarding grant proposals as assigned by Grant and Corporate Giving Manager.
- Participates as a full-time member of the fund drive team.
- Performs other related duties as assigned in order to achieve development and organizational goals.
- Must be an energetic professional with keen interest in building donor relationships and advancing in fundraising.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to engage diplomatically with high profile individuals.
- Must have exceptional organization and time management skills.
- An interest in public media and classical music is essential. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Must be willing to work some evenings.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited four-year college or university or equivalent training and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, creative, proactive, detail-oriented and ability to self-manage.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Excellent computer skills are required. Microsoft Work, Excel, Outlook, the internet and fundraising databases, preferably Raisers Edge, are required.
Send resume, references and cover letter to:
10 Harrison St, Ste 100
Seattle WA 98109
Date Posted: Monday, May 15, 2014
Closing Date: Monday, May 30, 2014
Classical 98.1 is an equal opportunity employer