- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. All federal, state and local laws and restrictions apply. The Contest is void where prohibited.
- CONTEST VALID/ENTRIES ACCEPTED: This contest will begin 9:00 am PST, Tuesday, January 3, 2017, and end at 12:00 midnight PST, Monday, April 10, 2017 (the “Contest Period”), during which time video submissions will be accepted. All Entries must be RECEIVED no later than April 10, 2017, at midnight PST. Only entries submitted via www.king.org and including all mandatory information on entry documents are eligible.
- WHO CAN ENTER: Contest is open to anyone who legally resides in the state of Washington and is between the ages of 6 and 20, in two separate age groups: 6-15 and 16-20, as of April 10, 2017. Any ensemble whose members vary in age will be placed in the age category of its oldest member. Professional musicians (any person who is party to, or has ever been party to, a professional recording contract) are all ineligible to enter and/or win. Past Young Artist Awards Competition winners are not eligible to enter more than once in each age group. Classical 98.1 will require proof of residency, age, and identification prior to delivering any prize. Any inaccuracies in your entry will result in disqualification.
- All contestants under the age of 18 will be required to have their parents or legal guardians consent allowing them to participate should they be chosen as finalists. Classical 98.1 staff will email the permission slip to each entrant on or near April 10, 2017. Parental/guardian consent must be granted no later than 11:59 am PST, Friday April 21, 2017. Failure to do so in a timely manner will result in automatic disqualification.
- Employees of Classical 98.1, Beethoven, a non-profit corporation, their dependents and immediate families, as well as employees of contest sponsors and employees of other radio stations, are not eligible to participate or win.
- Solo entrants may be accompanied by one musician, but the soloist will be considered the winner of the Contest.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Go online to http://www.king.org. Eligible persons wishing to enter the Contest (each, an “Entrant”) must submit one (1) URL to a video recording of themselves performing up to 5 minutes in length. The video must be uploaded to YouTube and the privacy set to “unlisted,” which means the video can only be accessed through the URL and is not open to the public. DO NOT set the video to “private;” doing so means judges will be unable to watch it. Entrants must include the composer and title of the piece to be performed in the YouTube video description. (e.g. Ludwig van Beethoven: Piano Sonata in F minor, Op.2/1) The title of the video should be “Classical KING FM Young Artist Awards 2017.”
- Performance must be acoustic, continuous, and not edited or enhanced in any way.
- By entering this Contest, Entrants understand and agree that they will be invited to perform on KING FM’s NW Focus LIVE on either June 2 or 9, 2017 at 8pm, if selected as a finalist. The grand prize winners (one from each age group) will be invited to play live on KING FM’s NW Focus LIVE on June 23, 2017 at 8pm. Any entrant may be asked to perform as a guest musician at a maximum of four KING FM or Seattle Chamber Music Society events from May 2017 through April 2018; they are not, however, required to participate in these.
- All entrants must represent, warrant, and covenant that they have obtained permission from accompanist (or from a parent or legal guardian if the accompanist is under 13 years of age), consenting to submission of the Entry, participation in the Contest, and agreement to the terms of these official Contest rules.
- By entering this Contest, Entrants represent, warrant and covenant that (i) the content of Entry will not violate or infringe any rights of third parties; and (ii) Entrants have the right and authority to grant Classical 98.1 rights to the content provided in the Entry.
- By entering this Contest, Entrants agree to indemnify, defend and hold Classical 98.1 harmless from and against any claims, expenses proceedings, suits, actions or costs (including costs from reasonable attorneys’ fees) of any kind or nature incurred by Classical 98.1 on account of a breach by Entrant of any of their representations, warranties, covenants or agreements as a result of Entrant’s participation in the Contest.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not redeemable for credit, are non-transferable, non-exchangeable and are non-endorsable. In the event a substitution for a prize may become necessary due to unavailability or circumstances beyond Classical 98.1’s control, a reasonable prize will be substituted at sole discretion of Classical 98.1 and any/all contest sponsors.
- On or about April 10, 2017, all eligible entries received will be reviewed by a two-person sub-panel consisting of KING FM’s Director of Outreach and Seattle Chamber Music Society’s Education Director. The sub-panel will select the entries to be designated semi-finalists and sent to the final judging panel for assessment.
- The final judging panel will consist of nine judges, composed of KING FM staff and representatives from the arts community.
- The judging panel will then determine ten finalists from the pool of semi-finalists, based on skill, presentation, and creativity. Five finalists will be selected from the 6-15 age group; another five will be selected from the 16-20 age group. In the event of a tie, there may be more than five finalists. All decisions of the judging panel will be at the sole discretion of Classical 98.1 and their decisions shall be final and non-appealable.
- The videos of the finalists will be posted on www.king.org to be voted on by the public beginning May 2, 2017. Online voting will end on June 11, 2017, at 11:59 pm PST.
- The Grand Prize winners will be the finalist in each age group with the highest combined score from the judging panel and listener votes. All listener votes represent one vote, with each of the nine judges having a vote (for a total of ten votes). The contestants with the next eight highest scores will be the runners-up. In the event of a tie, the judging panel will determine the winner. The winners will be announced on or about Tuesday, June 13, 2017. Reasonable efforts will be made to notify winner by phone and/or email.
- You may only vote once.
- Classical 98.1 must obtain written permission from the parents or guardians of all finalists under the age of 18 granting Classical KING FM the right to broadcast their children’s musical performances, speaking voices, names, and likenesses over the air, through streaming media players, on Classical KING FM’s social networks, and on the KING.ORG website.
- The ten finalists will be invited to perform live on Classical KING FM 98.1 and streaming at KING.ORG on either June 2 or 9, 2017. The grand-prize winner will be invited to perform live on KING FM 98.1 and streaming on-line at KING.ORG on June 23, 2017. The pieces played are to be mutually agreed upon by KING FM.
- All top ten finalists also agree to be featured as guest performers at a maximum of four Classical KING FM events from May 2017 through April 2018. Dates, times, and locations to be determined.
- In the event a substitution for a prize may become necessary due to unavailability or circumstances beyond Classical 98.1’s control, a reasonable prize will be substituted at sole discretion of Classical 98.1 and any/all contest sponsors. Classical 98.1 is not responsible for replacing tickets from cancelled shows/events associated with this prize.
- The Seattle Chamber Music Society reserves the right to present a special commendation to the top chamber ensemble or soloist, to be determined by The Panel. The winning ensemble or soloist may be invited to play at an upcoming Seattle Chamber Music Society event. Selection as the top chamber ensemble or soloist does not preclude the musician(s) from also winning the grand prize.
- Classical 98.1, Beethoven, a non-profit corporation, and all current related sponsors are not responsible for failed, incomplete or delayed transmission or Internet entries or for problems with computer, online, telephone, cellular phone or Internet communications or damage to user’s system as a result of participating in the contest. Illegible/incomplete entries will be disqualified. All entries become property of Classical 98.1 and will not be returned. False or deceptive entries or acts will render entrants ineligible. Station reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend Contest.
- All personal information about contestants under the age of 13 who are not selected as finalists will be destroyed at the conclusion of the contest. Personal information about the finalists under the age of 13 will only be retained for Classical 98.1’s record-keeping purposes and to retain contact with the parent or guardian.
- By participating in the Contest, each Entrant and each associated participant hereby agrees that Classical 98.1 has no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance and/or use of a Prize or an Entrant’s and each associated participant’s participation in the Contest.
- Entries received by Classical 98.1 that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, from ineligible Entrants, or damaged in any way as determined by Station in its sole discretion will be void. Classical 98.1 is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected e-mail. Entries that are determined by Classical 98.1 to be fraudulent will be void and the person making such an entry barred from further participation in the Contest.
- Classical 98.1 reserves the right to terminate or declare this Contest null and void and rescind any Contest awards if, in its sole judgment, the rules or the integrity of this Contest have been violated or compromised in any way, intentionally or unintentionally by any person, whether that person is or is not a participant in this Contest. Classical 98.1 personnel shall be the sole judges of the Contest and in interpreting these rules, their decisions shall be final.
- Entry into this Contest constitutes agreement by contestants to abide by these and any other rules set forth by Classical 98.1. Qualifying spots are not assignable or transferable. Prize is not transferable or assignable.
- A complete copy of the rules is available during the Contest Period at the Station studios (10 Harrison St, Suite 100, Seattle, WA) between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm, and at www.king.org.
- Any listener requesting contest rules must send a self-addressed envelope with a request for contest rules or winner names to: “Young Artist Awards Competition” Contest Rules, Classical KING FM 98.1, 10 Harrison Street Suite 100, Seattle, WA 98109.
- All Federal, State, and Local Laws apply.