October 15 – 26, 2018 | 11 days |From $6,385
Beauty and fashion, flamenco and zarzuela, Picasso and Goya. Revel in the glories of Spain with KING FM and host Marta Zekan on a tour to the stately capital Madrid and exciting Barcelona, this fall. Musical highlights abound climaxed by a concert performance of Rossini’s captivating opera La Cenerentola (Cinderella) starring the great Cecilia Bartoli in one of her signature roles. You will also hear a concert by the London Symphony Orchestra in Madrid; an opera performance at the world-famous Teatre del Liceu in Barcelona; a recital by the eminent pianist Arcadi Volodos, and an exciting evening of fiery flamenco!
We will visit some of Spain’s incomparable museums: the Prado, Reina Sofia, and those dedicated to the great Spanish artists, Picasso and Mirò. Excursions take us to the ancient towns of Toledo and Segovia, Philip II’s imposing palace, El Escorial, as well as the home of the great cellist Pablo Casals for a private concert. Great music, great food and Marta’s commentary ― Olé!
- Prime tickets to four major performances:
- Concert performance of Rossini’s sparkling comedy, La Cenerentola, with Cecilia Bartoli
- Concert by the London Symphony Orchestra in Madrid
- Bellini’s bel canto masterpiece, I Puritani, in Barcelona
- Recital by the great Russian pianist Arcadi Volodos in Barcelona
- Private concert at the Villa Casals exclusively for the group
- An evening of thrilling flamenco in Madrid
- Excursions to El Escorial, Segovia and Toledo
- Private guided tours of major sites in Madrid, Barcelona, and elsewhere, by expert guides
- Deluxe accommodations in five-star hotels, and fine dining throughout the tour
- First class travel on the AVE, Spain’s high-speed train
- Private air-conditioned motorcoach transportation
KING FM On-Air Host
After on-air stints in Denver and San Diego, Marta came to KING FM in 1994. A California native and pianist, she has a music degree from UC San Diego, and an MFA in Voice Training/Speech Coaching. Along the way, she found a happy home in musical theatre, working as a vocal coach, music director, and keyboardist. She visited Barcelona and Granada a few years ago and is especially excited to experience Madrid for the first time, on this KING FM adventure. Her favorite out-of-country trips have been to Japan and Iceland, a memorable month spent driving around France, and she had the pleasure of living in London during her graduate studies.
Tour Cost: $6,385 per person, ground only, double occupancy
Single Supplement: $1,360
Group Flight: $1,255, economy class on British Airways
Deposit: $1,000 – first come, first served
This group is limited to 25 participants.
Balance deadline: Friday, August 10, 2018
To view the full itinerary, click here.
To sign up, mail your completed registration form (click here) and your deposit, to:
KING FM – Spain Tour
The Grand Tour
PO Box 274
Peterborough, NH 03458
The Spain tour is organized exclusively for KING FM by The Grand Tour Travel.
Company of Peterborough, NH.