A piano virtuoso of the Romantic era who composed mostly for solo piano, Frédéric Chopin produced some of the instrument’s most intimate, memorable works before his death at the age of 39. Here is a list of his most romantic pieces, perfect for Valentine’s Day.
Listen to all ten selections in a row in this Classical KING FM YouTube playlist.
10. Ballade in A flat major, Op. 47 No. 3
9. Nocturne in E flat major, Op. 9 No. 2
8. Ballade No. 1 in G minor, Op. 23
7. Waltz No.10 in B minor, Op.69 No.2
6. Nocturne in B flat minor, op 9. No.1: Larghetto
5. Prelude in D flat major, Op. 15 No. 28 “Raindrop”
4. Fantaisie-Impromptu, Op. 66
3. Romance (Larghetto) from Piano Concerto No. 1 in E minor, Op 11
Hear it at 9:20pm on Valentine’s Day on 98.1 Classical KING FM.
2. Etude in E major, Op. 10 No. 3 “Tristesse”
1. Larghetto from Piano Concerto No. 2 in F minor, Op. 21