Image courtesy noncomMUSIC Alliance.
Public Radio Music Day is Thursday, April 16!
The U.S. Congress has declared April 16, 2020, Public Radio Music Day to recognize the local and nationwide value of public radio music stations. KING FM is very proud to be a part of that system, a system that inspires musical discovery, encourages artistic innovation, and supports personal enrichment and local performing organizations. Join us on the air Thursday for this special day that unites listeners, music-makers, and radio stations in celebration of the power of public radio music.
Get involved and learn more:
- Read the Congressional Resolutions
- Radio Music Day is a project led by the noncomMUSIC Alliance. Learn more about the Alliance.
- Join the movement! Follow #LovePublicRadioMusic on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Celebrate on KING FM with a Local Music Marathon! Listen on 98.1 FM / HD radio or right here on king.org.
- On Thursday, we’re celebrating by playing local recordings all day. As a public music station, KING FM is proud to connect listeners with the local musicians and ensembles that keep classical music thriving in the Northwest. Join us for this local celebration!
- Get a sneak peek of the marathon: explore Thursday’s KING FM playlist.
- See the infographic below (or download it here) for even more information about Public Radio Music Day.